Last season, the BCDG and its Junior coaches, introduced 80+ new juniors to curling, and there are now at least 50 juniors who are being coached and playing regularly at Braehead.
Key initiatives are planned for 2014, with the aim of having 100+ regular junior curlers by the end of March 2015.
We plan to establish a £10,000 Junior Development Fund, to:
• Employ a Junior Development Coach, working for the BCDG.
• Fund high quality coaching of our junior curlers.
• Establish really fun, competitive junior sessions.
• Develop robust links between the Braehead Junior Curling, local schools and our clubs
BCDG will be providing over £2000 per annum.
This letter seeks your financial support for this venture:
- Do you know of a business which might consider corporate funding? 2 businesses providing £1500 each, attracts ‘SportsMatch’ funding of £3000 = £6000 in total.
- Can you consider a monthly donation of £5 - £10 per month, or a one off lump sum? We would like to raise £2000 - £3000 pa through individual donations
Could your Curling Club sponsor a junior team (£150) for a season? - 6 Clubs at £150 provides £900.
The key to growing club curling in Glasgow is to have a really vibrant junior section feeding into your clubs. We need your help in this.
If you can help IN ANY WAY then please CLICK HERE and if you want to discuss any aspect further, then please drop me an email at email@example.com or phone 07515650299.
I am very grateful for your consideration
Dr Gary Macfarlane
Chairman, on behalf of the BCDG